EIN, ITIN, SSN, Tax Id Services

EIN, ITIN, SSN, Tax Id Services

In order to fulfill your tax liability in US you have to get taxpayer identification number. There are different kinds of taxpayer identification numbers. In this document you can find information regarding taxpayer identification numbers for individuals and companies. 

Tax obligations can differ at state and local level. Although, the getting required identification number is only online application, complying with your taxation status is not easy. With exceptional knowledge and experience in application of tax laws, we are here to assist you and your company in taxation procedures. If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Employer Identification Number (EIN) 

An EIN is also known as Federal Tax Identification number that the companies should get in order to pay federal taxes, hire employees, open bank account and apply for business licenses and permits. 

After your company has registered you have to apply to International Revenue Service (IRS) to get EIN. There are various ways for application (mail, fax, electronic) and you should fill the Form SS-4. 

Social Security Number (SSN) 

SSN is important for Social Security Administration to identify and record your covered wages or self employment earnings. In addition it is important for you to get a job, Social Security benefits and other government services. Thus, if you are U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status you should get SSN by completing Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card. 

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) 

A nine-digit number beginning with the number “9”, an ITIN, is a tax processing number only available for certain non-residents and resident aliens, their spouses, and dependents who cannot get a Social Security Number (SSN).

To obtain an ITIN you have to complete IRS Form W-7, IRS Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number and provide documentation substantiating foreign/alien status and true identity for each individual. You can either submit these documents either mail to the address mentioned in Form W-7, present it at IRS offices or process through an Acceptance Agent authorized by the IRS.